My Favourite Things: Kavita Cola
Recently, we sat down with the beautiful Kavita Cola, a London based fashion stylist and lifestyle blogger, to chat about everything from boiled eggs and beauty routines to nightcaps. We got the low down on some of her favourite beauty products, local London gems and luxurious vacation spots.
1. Early bird or night owl? Night Owl.
2. Fried, poached, boiled or scrambled? Love a boiled egg with soldiers - just the best.
3. Breakfast - Coffee or tea? Green tea always.
4. Bath or shower? I absolutely love a bath but it does tend to be a shower most of the time.
5. Before bed - book or boxset? Tough one, probably more of a box setter these days.
6. I can’t start the day without... Spending 20 minutes with my lovely pup, Dosa, she lights up my day every morning.
8. My morning and evening beauty essentials are… Wow this is a tough one. I am a real beauty fanatic but my current favourites in the morning involve Aveda Damage Remedy Split End Repair for my curly locks, the Almond shower oil by L’Occitaine and to top off my make up I love the Skin Illuminating Powder Duo by Tom Ford. I carry it around everywhere and it just gives you an instant glow. In the evening I have to remove all make up with Bioderma, followed by a spritz of natural Rosewater followed by the Moisture Surge cream by Clinique which really suits my extra thirsty skin.
9. My guilty pleasure is… Pasta. I try to avoid it but I could just eat pasta all the time. (Amen, girl!)
10. My favourite London brekkie/brunch spot is… I absolutely love Farmacy at the moment on Westbourne Grove. Veggie vibes are good vibes.
11. My favourite London nightcap spot is… For me it’s the Electric on Portobello Road.
12. My go-to outfit when all else fails is… A really good bum hugging pair of jeans, a silky shirt, some killer boots if it’s winter or high sandals in the heat, and lots of dainty jewellery.
13. My hands-down favourite place to relax… Soho Farmhouse.
14. Holiday… The Song Saa private island in Cambodia - the most amazing place yet!
15. Get inspired… Udaipur in India. It’s a landscape of rolling palaces and possibly the most picturesque place on earth.
16. Ok last question - you have friends coming to visit you in London who have never been before. What 3 places that you love would you take them that wouldn’t necessarily be in a guidebook? I only recently went to Petersham Nurseries, it’s so quaint and English there and gives you a little taste of the countryside in London. I would also take them for a long walk from my place in Chelsea via Buckingham Palace then along the river where you can see the infamous London scape which never seems to get old for me. Then I would take them for some Indian Street food at Dishoom - who would have thought an Indian street food joint would be on my given bucket list in London? It really is worth the experience.
Thank you Kavita!