Frequently Asked Questions / Care Guide / Size & Fit
How do I care for my 100% silk Hesper Fox nightwear products?
- Our range is made in 100% silk charmeuse, also known as silk satin, so called because it is made with a satin weave in which the warp threads cross over the backing (or weft threads), to produce a fabric with a lustrous and reflective finish.
- Silk is a delicate, luxury fabric that needs to be treated carefully for it to maintain its lustre, shine and colour.
- Please read the care instructions carefully before attempting to launder your items. By following the instructions, your Hesper Fox pieces will look their beautiful best for longer.
- We recommend either taking your items to a specialist dry cleaner experienced in the handling of silk and delicate fabrics or hand washing at 30 degrees. Do not machine wash silk.
- If you are unsure about temperature, always go to a cooler temperature and always use a specialist silk detergent as some regular detergents contain enzymes and harsh chemicals that help get your wash clean but can degrade the delicate structure of silk fibres or leave residues which will reduce its sumptuous feel and luxurious sheen.
- Do not apply detergent directly to your items. Instead, make sure it is fully dissolved before adding your pieces. Do not soak them for a prolonged period of time and always make sure that the water runs clear when rinsing. Items can be rolled in a clean towel to remove excess water and should be air-dried away from direct sources of heat. Do not tumble dry silk.
- Carefully iron on the reverse side with your iron on a low setting to restore lustre.
Will my items come gift-wrapped?
When ordering from the Hesper Fox site, your item/s will arrive to you wrapped in black tissue with gold embossed ribbon. If you would like us to write a personal message on the card, please email us with your order number and preferred message at email@example.com - we would be delighted to assist.
Where is Hesper Fox made?
Our entire luxury sleep and loungewear range is designed in-house in London. We work with a group of fabulous UK-based print designers who each season, work to a brief to produce our bold, distinctive prints, making them exclusive to Hesper Fox.
We are very proud to produce and source all our garments at a fully audited factory in Europe who value transparency and high ethical standards as much as we do. They take great care in lovingly attending to the beautiful tailoring and finishes we pride ourselves on; French seams, mother of pearl buttons, delicate rouleaux straps, rolled hems and silk bindings. Our creative director regularly visits the factory and works very closely with the team to oversee production.
Will I need to create an account to place an order on www.hesperfox.com
You do not need to be a registered with Hesper Fox to place an order. You are able to check out as our guest. Our payments are processed via a secure checkout system provided by Shopify and you can pay using Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
When an order is placed you will receive an email confirming the order. If you have registered for an account you can login on our website and view your current and past orders at any time. If you have any problems please email our customer care team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I update my account information?
Your account information can be updated by logging into your account at the top right hand corner of our website. You can change your contact, billing and delivery details as well as subscribe and unsubscribe from any newsletters and mailings here.
How secure is shopping on hesperfox.com?
The short answer? Very.
Our site is powered by Shopify, certified as Level 1 PCI DSS compliant, meaning that all transactions are secure and encrypted and your credit card information is never stored.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card and debit card information. Defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, the standard was created to increase controls around credit card data to reduce credit card fraud via its exposure.
Shopify’s Level 1 PCI DSS compliance extends to all online stores powered by it, including ours. It undergoes annual on-site assessments validating compliance to continuous risk management and they work hard to ensure that our shopping cart software and ecommerce hosting is secure.